Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy 4th from Georgia!

                                                                                       
Hello Family!
            Week ONE in Europe DOWN! Wow! It's been so great! Ha Ha Ha Just kidding! But, it sounds like you guys are having such a great time. And Nate, I'm so glad you had fun,man! That's the trip of a lifetime, for sure. Who knows…. maybe you'll end up back in one of those countries in a couple of years and get to live there for two! 
I don't have much time, so let's cut right to the nitty gritty. This week was so great because we taught so much that I thought my lips were going to fall off.  Ha Ha! Unfortunately, the rest of the zone didn't really have the same results because of the holiday weekend but I think things will start to pick up again. This morning we went and played a huge soccer game with about ten missionaries and ten priests from the wards in our stake. It was so much fun! It took me back to my glory days as an eight year old on Mom's undefeated team. Let’s be honest, it’s all been downhill from there. There's a new greenie missionary in our zone who's at least 6'5” and he was playing goalie during the game, and there was one time where I had a shot at the goal so I kicked it as hard as I could while I was standing about 10 feet in front of him and well....it got him right in the jewels. I felt really bad but then once he was alright I just said, "Well....Welcome to the mission field, buddy!!" Ha Ha.  
Earlier this week was our “Meet the New Mission President Conference” and it was awesome! The Bennions are the most amazing people! We also had a mission leadership council with them, so this week I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time to learn about their lives. As I listened to them tell us about their family and backgrounds, it became so clear to me how their entire lives they have been prepared to serve a mission together. They had no idea they would ever be called to be a mission president, but they've been so prepared throughout the years and they are some of the most humble people I've ever met. They are completely relying on the Spirit as well as the missionaries to carry the load. I'm so excited to keep working with them!
So, like I said we did a lot of teaching this week, especially with Kamari, Aaysia and Emoy. They are doing great!! Aaysia expressed this week how she is actually really nervous and scared to be baptized. Ha Ha! He's literally the most mature ten year old I've ever met. Part of me thinks, "Dude, You're ten. Shouldn't you just want to go swimming?" But, it really is so cool to watch how serious she is taking her commitment to be baptized and how prayerful she and Kamari are. Kamari is so solid. He has pictures of Joseph Smith on his phone and he asked us to give him a ton of pictures to hang up in his room. So, his date of the 19th is looking solid.  We are going to dinner with them on Thursday night before we teach them in the Kearney's home!
The 4th of July was actually a great day for me! I thought I would miss going to Grandma’s house to swim and everything (which I did) but I still had an awesome day! I was on exchange with a Samoan missionary named Elder Pasa Vaili and their apartment is right by the Mall of Georgia, which puts on a huge firework show every year. So, on Friday night we stepped out of the apartment and we were able to watch the entire thing! It was sweet!!
This Sunday I'll be speaking in sacrament meeting! A missionary from the Grayson ward is coming home so the ward is going to have talks from a future missionary, a current missionary, and a former missionary. It should be pretty good. I have no idea what I'm going to talk about but I’m not worried. I'll let you know how it goes!
I love you guys!! Thank you for being the best family in the world!! Have a great week! 

Elder Roddy








No comments:

Post a Comment