Monday, February 17, 2014

SURPRISE! MAX was BAPTIZED

Heyyyyy y'all!!!                                                                                  

My time in Hickory Flat has finally come to an end! I can't even tell you how sad I’m going to be to leave this area on Wednesday. This place has only been my home for the last 6 months but it feels like it's been my home forever!! The people in this ward have become like family to me. I'm also so grateful to have met all the wonderful people that I got to teach and grow with over these months! I've learned that while on your mission, you are never put in a random area. The Lord definitely puts you where He knows you can make a difference and more importantly, where He knows the people can make a difference for you! I seriously feel like I knew all these amazing people before I came to this earth. I've said that ever since I got here and I'll say it over and over again!

Elder Pena, Max and Elder Roderick
My last week in Hickory Flat ended with a bang! MAX WAS BAPTIZED! It was so awesome! We met with him on Wednesday and taught him about the gift of the Holy Ghost, and he said, "I want that as soon as possible." So, we went ahead and had the baptism this weekend! I was so happy because that meant I got to be there and witness it. Even better, Max asked me to baptize him! It was such a cool experience. He had a lot of his family show up to support him. Also, his wife, Jen, tearfully told us on Wednesday that this is where she wants to be too. Whenever we bring members to teach her about eternal families, she feels the Spirit really strong and I can tell she wants what they teach about SO badly. She is going to start taking the discussions, so we are super excited that Max and Jen can take this journey together!

Max and his happy family.
When I returned home from the baptism on Saturday night I got a call and was asked to speak in church on Sunday because the concluding speaker cancelled. Life of a missionary I guess! I was so tired from planning the baptism and everything that I didn't want to write a talk so I just got up there and winged it...and, IT WAS AWESOME, if I do say so myself. Ha! I had all of the old ladies in tears, if that counts as anything. I only care about them anyway. My topic was the divine mission of Jesus Christ and I was so surprised at how easy it was to just get up there and talk for 15 minutes. The missionary mantle is real!

          Leaving Hickory Flat means I have to go somewhere else and I've been nervous all week to find out where I'm going! President Wolfert called us this morning and told me I am going to be serving as a Zone Leader down in the Grayson Ward, which is in the Lilburn Stake. The Lilburn Stake is the farthest south, which means I'll be closer to downtown ATL!! Hopefully that means I'll get a little more taste of the city life!

I'll let you guys know my new address as soon as I get it!
Love y'all so much!!!! Thanks for everything! Have a great week!!

Elder Roddy


P.S. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ITS WONDERFUL PRESIDENTS, INCLUDING THE LEGEND MITT ROMNEY. I can't tell you how many conversations that guy has started for me. Bless his soul. Bless you all. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment