![]() |
| "You Can't Walk with God Holding Hands with the Devil" Elder Roderick holds hands with Elder Pena |
HEY Y'ALL!!
First
things first...I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply to each of you today. While at
the library I only had time to email my parents because we had to leave early
for the stake center. I'll get back to each of you next week.
CRAZY WEEK
in ATL. We got 3 inches of snow! FREAK OUT RIGHT? Ha Ha. It doesn't seem like a
lot, but for Georgia that's a ton and the city doesn’t know how to handle all
of it because they don’t have plows or use salt on the roads. It started snowing
on Tuesday afternoon and didn't stop for the rest of the day. The snow would fall, immediately
stick to the ground, and ice over. Since
they don't have any plows or snow removal plans, everyone got terrified and
rushed home all at once. This led to huge traffic jams with cars crashed all
over the sides of the road and a ton of chaos!
We were on
our way home from a district meeting when we pulled up to this
poor mother who
was stuck on a hill in her Suburban. She was crying and didn't know what to do.
So, luckily there were 2 other Elders and 2 Sisters right behind us. We all
stopped and got out to help her. We pushed her up the hill and she was off.
When we looked back to the bottom of the hill, we saw car-after-car stuck at
the bottom. What do good missionaries
do? We started pushing them one-by-one
until 3 hours went by and I couldn't feel my face anymore!! Ha Ha. It was so
awesome! Everyone was so grateful and appreciative so it made the whole
adventure worth it. ![]() |
One lady
was in a tiny red car that was a clutch, so the poor thing had no chance of
making it up the hill by itself. When we approached her car to inquire if we
could help her, she rolled down the window and said "NO STOP RIGHT THERE!!
There's nothing you can do! This car is a clutch so it's worthless! I don't
need your help!" We sat there and
watched her as she tried and tried but the car didn't move an inch. Finally,
after watching the lady cry and cry and bang on her steering wheel, we just
walked up behind her car, and without even asking, pushed the little thing up the
hill. When we got to the top, she could barely make out the words, "God
bless you kids" and then, she was off.
Gotta love serving the Lord right?
![]() |
| Elder Roderick's numb face & warm heart. |
MAN, WASN'T
THE SUPER BOWL SO AWESOME! Just kidding. I watched the first snap then my sorry
butt was out the door. Elder Pena and I decided that knocking doors would probably
be pointless, so instead we went to the nearest Waffle House where we hoped to
have a miracle and find someone to talk to. When we arrived there was one lady
sitting at the bar. So, instead of sitting in anyyyy other place in the entire
restaurant, I went and plopped down right next to her. I kept trying to start a
conversation, but she wouldn't even look at me so it was pretty difficult.
Finally, after a million tries I got her to talk a little. The topic? CHICKEN SALAD. I
asked her what she was eating, and she went on and on about how "amazing
the chicken salad was because it's the best thing on the menu and they make it
special for her.” Just so y'all know in case you're ever in Georgia, the
chicken salad at Waffle House is better with mushrooms and no dressing
"because that's healthier." ANYWAY, Elder Pena and I cornered this
poor lady and started talking to her because now she was starting to open up.
We found out her name is Sharon, and she's actually talked to some missionaries
but never been given a Book of Mormon. After being extremely persistent, we got
her phone number and set up an appointment for this week. So, while all of you
were watching the Super Bowl, I was talking to Sharon about chicken salad.
That's the life of a missionary...and I love it!!
Have a great
week!! LOVE Y'ALLLLL!!!
| Three days after the storm and not a snowflake in sight! |



No comments:
Post a Comment