Wednesday, September 3, 2014

"Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find." John 21:6

Hello family and friends,                                                                                
Cornelia, Georgia offers a warm Southern welcome. 
             
         It was a great week for us! It's hotter than heck down here. Ha Ha. I swear! I feel the humidity from the moment I wake up. You just gotta’ embrace it though.
         Last week for P-Day we visited a little town named Helen and it was so much fun! It's supposed to be a little German town and it's where all the tourists go. We just walked around and had a good time going on some hikes and stuff. 
Elder Larsen & Elder Roderick visit Helen, Georgia. 
Our investigators are doing awesome! Right now we're teaching a girl named Cassandra. We met her while knocking doors and she was super interested in learning about the gospel. So, we started teaching her and soon she became fully invested in learning as much as she can. She's been chatting with people on Mormon.org and she's read a ton of the Book of Mormon. Early in the week we challenged her to pray specifically to know if it was true, and we invited her to focus on Alma 36 because we felt like it related to her. She told us later that she couldn't stop crying as she read it because she felt so connected to Alma and she became totally converted to it. It was amazing! She came to church and really wants to be baptized, but she might be moving to North Carolina. If she stays, we'll help her continue to progress and see what happens.
Emile is doing great too! She’s the girl I told you about last week who asks a million questions. Ha Ha. She's so much fun to teach. She came to church this week too! And, she even brought a friend.  Then, after church she texted us and told us what a "beautiful experience" it was.  She is investigating other religions too. So, we're just trying to help her understand that conversion doesn't come from knowing everything. Rather, it comes through the Spirit. When it’s all said and done, I'm confident she'll realize the truthfulness of the gospel!
Elder Roderick catches a fish with the Dustin children.
On Labor Day, the Dustin family (from Hickory Flat, who I now call the “Hickory Flat Dustins”) came to Cornelia to have dinner with us and their cousins (the “Cornelia Dustins”). AHHHH it was so good to see them! I haven't seen the kids since I left the area and it was so great to be reunited.  We went fishing in the Dustin's backyard and literally, I was the only person to NOT catch a fish. So, finally I threatened, "Alright! Elder Larsen, if I don't catch a fish this time I am honestly pushing you into the lake." Ha Ha. Secretly, I was hoping I wouldn't catch one so I could push him in. THEN, OF COURSE I CAUGHT A FISH! It was pretty sweet. I'm just becoming more Southern by the minute. Oh, and yesterday before dinner with the Dustins we went to the Mall of Georgia and guess who I saw there? EMOY, KAMARI and AAYSIA! I was walking down the halls and all of the sudden I heard, "ELDERRRR RODERICKKKKK!" I look over and it was Emoy and she was jumping up and down. It was so great to see them again because I've missed them so much! They're doing great! Kamari has been passing the sacrament and he has been bringing a friend to church! 
Well, a year ago this week I arrived in Georgia, met Elder 'Auaea and headed off to Hickory Flat! It's crazy how fast time flies! I'm looking forward to what the next year in Georgia has to offer. I love y'all!  Thank you for everything!


Elder Roddy

No comments:

Post a Comment