What's up guys?
Another
week down! I know I say this every week but I swear time goes by so fast! Just
like they told me before I left, the days are long but the weeks are fast. TOO
fast! I hit my 14th month on Friday and I feel like I was at a year yesterday.
It's not fair!
| "YES, I've still got it!" said Elder Roderick |
This week
was so good. Before any details, transfer calls were today and we found out
that Elder Larsen and I will be staying together for another six weeks. I guess
I was so bad that the Lord is making me stick with it here in Cornelia. I'm so
excited about it though. I love Elder Larsen.
He's an awesome kid and we have tons of fun together. Sometimes I worry
that I'm having TOO much fun but then I remember what a General Authority's
wife told us, "If you're not having fun on your mission then you need
to repent!" So, I realize that's how it's supposed to be.
The work in
Cornelia is really progressing for us. I think one of the reasons why Elder Larsen stayed
together is because there are some good things coming up for us during this
transfer. Adam, our investigator, who is scheduled to be baptized in November,
is doing pretty well.He
takes the lessons slowly, and thoughtfully, which is good but sometimes it’s
hard to teach him. I think, however, that he's starting to understand what
we’ve been teaching him. We had a little scare this week because he's been
experiencing some opposition from his family, mainly from his GRANDMA of all
people. So, we had a lesson with him on Wednesday and cleared up his doubts and
questions. On Saturday we tried calling him at least eight times because we
were supposed to have a lesson with him and he ALWAYS answers the phone, but
this time he wasn't answering. So, we were thinking, “Ohhhh crap.” But then the
next day he showed up at church and I said, "Adam! Why weren't you answering our calls, man?" and he
replied, "Because I changed my phone number so my grandma would stop
calling me and bugging me all the time!" I was relieved and thinking, “Oh
man!” I guess that means if he doesn’t hear from his grandma he won't
experience as much opposition! He's literally so funny. Every time Adam (the
prophet) is mention is Sunday School he gets a big grin on his face and
looks at us then points to himself. It makes me laugh so hard. I'll let you
know how things progress with him!
We're also
teaching an eleven year old boy named Chantz who is the grandson of a
less-active lady in the ward. Chantz's family is going through some hard times. We've been teaching him and it's been
great because he's a really spiritually-mature kid, but the only problem is that
his grandma hasn't been to church forever! So, on Saturday we decided to
just go over and teach her by herself, and we talked to her about Chantz and
their family and the hard time they're going through. Then, without
us even bringing it up she said, "Ya know boys, I really want Chantz to be
baptized, and his mom too. But I know I need to be a better example to him. So
I've made it up in my mind that I'm coming back to church." Then, on
Sunday, they came to church! Sister Ellison (the grandma) said she talked to
Chantz's mom and she gave him permission to be baptized if he wants. This means we're going to try and get the
whole family to commit. Please pray for them!
| Atlanta North Missionaries go golfing in Cornelia. |
I've told
you about Robin Hood, the less-active lady we found through a miracle. Well, we
got a call from her on Saturday and she told us that our lesson last week
really touched her and she wants to start coming back to church. She wasn't
able to make it yesterday, but she told us that she's been reading the Book of
Mormon every night. It's so awesome! And, she's going to bring her nephew to
church so we can start teaching him too. Yayerrrr!
This morning
for P-Day we went golfing. It was my first time in about sixteen months. It was
soooo much fun! We had a blast and YES I've still got it and YES I'll still
beat dad when I get home!
Well, I love you
guys! Thank you for everything. I'll talk to you sooooon. Happy Halloween!Elder Roddy
Nice work cuz!
ReplyDelete