Tuesday, November 11, 2014

"I really, really, really, really, miss my boy Roddy."

What's up guys!                                                                                
            Howwww y'all doin'?? Thank you for the emails I love hearing from each of you! This week Dirty Z sent me an email and he said, "I really, really, really, really, miss my boy Roddy." So, I'll echo what Dirty said to you, "I really, really, really, really, miss you guys!" With 4 reallys! Yes, I miss you that much. Believe it or not! But, I love everything going on in Cornelia !
Airsoft with Chantz
We had some amazing miracles happen this week. Chantz is doing great! We had a lesson with him and he still wants to be baptized and his mom is totally fine with it. We are having dinner with their family and with his grandma on Saturday so hopefully we'll start teaching her too! The other Elders actually met his mom while they were tracting, and she told them how much we meant to Chantz and how much our lessons and friendship were helping him. We talked with Chantz and with his grandma about the best time for his baptism and we all agreed that it would be best to wait until after they return from their Thanksgiving vacation.  If we wait, we can prepare him more fully. So, most likely Chantz is going to be baptized on December 6th, and lucky for us that is the Saturday before transfers.
Chantz is really into airsoft, and he's been asking us a lot lately if we’ll play with him.  Unfortunately, every time he wants to play we don’t have time because we're always running to one place or the other. On Wednesday we had an appointment with him at 4:30 and our 5:15 appointment cancelled, so when he asked us if we'd play with him I thought to myself, "What the heck. You gotta have some fun right? If I were 11 and these guys never played with me I wouldn't like them at all!" So we played airsoft with him. Ha! Ha! All my friends can tell you from past experiences that I am terrible at airsoft! So of course, I was out first. Even so, it was so much fun. 
We had such a cool thing happen with Robin this week. Hopefully I can explain it well enough so you can see how amazing it was, but my emails can never do my experiences any justice. Sometimes you just have to be there. Well, Robin and her non-member sister, Renae, and her nephew, James (12), came to our trunk-or-treat at the ward last Wednesday, but she wasn't able to come to church on Sunday. We taught her on Tuesday and to our surprise we learned that Renae was quite against the church and was saying some negative things about it and how she didn't want her son James to go to church with Robin. We were really surprised because Renae seemed to have a great time at the trunk-or-treat and didn't appear to be negative about the church at all. So, we helped Robin practice what she could say to Renae so she wouldn’t be so negative about the church.  Then, we went back on Saturday night and learned that Robin’s conversation had gone well and Renae agreed that she was being ridiculous. So, yesterday Robin came to church for the first time in eight years! It was so awesome to see her there because Satan did EVERYTHING he could to stop her. Every time she's been reading the Book of Mormon something happens, and she even got really sick and started throwing up this week, and THEN Renae hit a deer with her car. But, Robin still came to church. We promised her over and over that she would see blessings for it.
The Cornelia Elders
Well, church was great and afterward we got a call from Robin who apparently went straight from church to visit Renae. Apparently, Robin found Renae pretty down on herself. She is in a rough place in life and is about to lose her home, and she asked Robin where she could get a "recipe for happiness in life." Robin said, "I know just the boys you need to talk to!" Renae responded, "Yes. I knew you were going to say the Elders could help me and I've actually been thinking about that. For some reason I feel like God is pushing me toward them. I would love to meet with them on Tuesday night when I'm off work." While telling us this story, Robin was almost in tears. It was awesome! I was so happy that Robin had this experience because she saw immediate blessings from attending church. That's what being a missionary is all about: watching God work miracles in people's lives. I'm just grateful to be a part of His work and His miracles every day!
Well, I love each of you and I'm grateful for everything you do for me. I was thinking the other day about how Emily has taken my spot at all of the Utah football games, and I was wondering what is going to happen when I get home. I came to the conclusion that Nathan needs to get ready to serve a mission so I'll just take his spot next season and I'll go with Emily and Dad! Let me know what you guys think about that plan.

Love y'all!!

Elder Roderick



No comments:

Post a Comment