What's up,
Fam?!
| Elder Detmer, Elder Bartholomew & Elder Roderick |
This week
was great! It was long and fast all at the same time. At this point, the weeks are
just flying by. It's so crazy to think that some of my friends will be coming
home this week and then after that, every week someone comes home! The two
years of a mission go by way too fast!
This
week, I had some of the best news of my life come from Roswell! Again! It was
on Thursday and not much had really happened in the days prior to that. We were
on our way to dinner when I got a call from the Roswell Elders. They said someone
wanted to talk to me and before I knew it, I was talking to NELLA! It was so
good to hear from her! We chit chatted for a little while and then she said,
"Elder Roderick, I'm calling to invite you to my baptism on August
1st!" When I heard those words I WAS FREAKING OUT! Ahhhh… I was the
happiest kid in the world! I couldn't believe it! She told me that a couple of weeks
ago, she was praying in her closet, like she always does, and while she was
praying she heard a voice tell her, "Nella, it's time." Immediately
after she heard the voice she said she started crying because she felt the Spirit
so strong. So, Nella and her son Jonathan, who is home for the summer from college,
will be baptized on the same day! The craziest part about Nella’s decision is that
earlier that day I was looking at pictures of Nella's family and showing them
to my companions, and I said a silent prayer to Heavenly Father that He would
bless them. Then, that night I spoke to Elder Gosar because Nella called him
too, and he said that TEN MINUTES before she called him he was looking at
pictures of Nella and Jacques on his camera and he also said a silent prayer
that Heavenly Father would bless them! That's no coincidence! Heavenly Father
does answer prayers and it is always in His timing! I can't wait to see Nella
get baptized!
After the
experience with Nella, the Lord really blessed us! We were in need of some new
investigators because after Joyce and Angel get baptized on Saturday we won’t
have anyone to teach. But, on Thursday night,
in the span of about an hour, He blessed us with two new people to teach. It
was such a direct answer to a prayer.
Yesterday
at church Julius received the priesthood! It was amazing. Talk about a change!
Angel also had an interview with the bishop (since Julius is a member now, she
is considered a child of record baptism) and her interview went great! Joyce
has been doing really well too! If all goes well with her interview on Wednesday,
they will both be baptized on Saturday. And, the best part is that Julius will
be baptizing them! I love the Mays family so much! Joyce told me that I'm her
adopted son, so when Mom kicks me out of the house, I'll have a place here in
Georgia to stay. Please keep praying for them!
Well, I
love you guys! Thank you for all you do for me every day! I'll see you soon!...
but not too soon!
Elder Roderick
No comments:
Post a Comment