Monday, October 21, 2013

Rain dance and a pet frog named Fred


Elder Roderick sent us home a few videos.....click on the link below:

Youtube video Elder Roderick Oct 2013

Hello my peeps!

Today marks the 2 month anniversary from the day I was dropped off at the MTC! I seriously can't believe it. When I look back to the day before I left, it seems like an eternity ago, but the last two months have flown by. When you're a missionary, you do the same stuff and follow the same schedule nearly every day, so the days all blend together. The days are long, but the weeks are fast, and the months are even faster. This whole experience so far has kind of felt like a dream...I only remember the most important parts and the rest blends together into one huge blob. Which is how it should be I guess! These two months have definitely been the hardest of my entire life, but they have been the most productive, inspiring, and life-changing as well!

It's been a great week in the Hickory Flats! It's been raining a little bit, so I went and bought a swaggy umbrella and walk around and dance like Marry Poppins. Just kidding. Or am I? When it's not raining, the weather has been perfect. Low 70s and not a cloud in the sky!

This week we've been meeting a lot with one our investigators named Stanley. Stanley is my man!! He's like 65 years old and has a long, gray beard, and walks around with a pimp cane. Well he actually needs the cane but that's what I think. Anyway, my man Stanley has agreed to get baptized on the 9th of November! So we're pretty stoked. But if there's anything I've learned with baptisms it's that nothing is guaranteed. Unfortunatley, Payton isn't going to be getting baptized this Saturday because he talked to his dad and his dad says there are still "more issues to resolve." It's stupid and sad, but it will happen eventually!

Every week I learn more and am more enlightened by the Southern people. For the most part, they're all so nice and love everyone they come in contact with. A couple times this week we were talking to people on the street, and these people will start talking with so much passion about the Bible and tell us how much they love us for what we're doing. They'll be telling us about "when they were saved back in '95" and then stop mid-sentence and say, "wait, can I pray for you boys???" I'm thinking, "Ya for sure! I'd love it if this guy would pray for me before he went to bed"...but oh no, they mean right then and right there. Before we can even answer, the person we are talking to is raising his hands in the air and yelling, "DEEEARRRR LAWWWD, PLEASE HELP THESE BOYS ON THEIR JOURNEY. HELP THEM SEEK THE TRUTH. WE LOVE YOU LAWD! IN JESUS NAME AMEN!!!" Hahaha it's so awesome. I always look around to see if people are staring at us, but it seems like it's just a normal thing here. I love it! They are so open to their beliefs and their passion is something that we can all learn from.

This week I tried teaching Elder Auaea the basics of football because back home he only plays rugby, and doesn't understand the rules of football or anything. So I thought teaching him through action would be good right? Basically I just ended up being his personal tackling dummy and now have two broken legs and tract in a wheel chair.

Hope you all have a great week!! Love you!


Roddy


No comments:

Post a Comment