We had a
great week in Hickory Flat! My companions and I are busier than ever. Transfers
are next week which is a disappointment because we're having way too much fun
and the ball really seems to be rolling for us right now. We have a lot of
promising investigators and it would be a downer to have to go somewhere else
and start all over again. I'm hoping I get to stay here for a little while
longer, but I'll go wherever I’m told.
This week I'll hit my 3-month mark! I
swear it was yesterday that I was writing about how I had been out for 2
months. Sure, it's not very long in the realm of a two-year mission, but time
has seriously gone by so fast. I've realized that time goes by 10x faster for
missionaries than it does for the people back home. Even though I haven't been
out very long I can see why missionaries say it goes by in a snap, and it seems
like foreverrr for the people back home. It's crazy! “Time flies when you're
having fun!”
My companion who is waiting for his
visa to Brazil, Elder Gilliat, and I have started to play a little game where
we pull pranks on each other throughout the week. It's been hilarious to see
the things we do to each other and it's so much fun. So, I decided to take
advantage of the fact that Elder Gilliat is absolutely TERRIFIED of spiders (worse
than a young teenage girl). Well, Georgia is not a good place to be if you're
scared of spiders because they're everywhere and BIGGER than anything you'll
ever find in Utah. So, Elder Gilliat hasn't had the most pleasant time here, as
far as that goes. The other day he pulled a pretty good prank on me, so it was
time for me to get him back. While he was in the shower, I walked outside and
in no time found a harmless daddy long leg. The daddy long legs here are about
as big as the palm of your hand. Haha. So I picked it up, and carried it
inside. I quietly slipped into the bathroom and then lightly threw it over the
top of the shower curtain. I walked out of the bathroom and three seconds later
heard this scream that was probably the loudest scream I've ever heard in my
entire life! Ha ha ha. Elder Gilliat came running out of the shower screaming
and yelling and whining, all the while forgetting to grab a towel. I DON'T
THINK I'VE EVER LAUGHED HARDER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Sure, I probably went a
little over the edge with that prank, but it's been so fun to have a couple
companions who know how to joke around and have a good laugh with each other.
In my opinion, if you're not having the most fun you've ever had on your
mission, then, you're doing it wrong!! That probably wasn't the story you guys
were expecting to get this week but, hey what do you really expect from me. I
work hard and play hard.
I've been so blessed to get letters and
emails from so many of you! You make my life so much easier and less stressful.
I really appreciate your support more than you know. Since transfers are coming
up and I don't know if I'll be staying or going, this week please SEND LETTERS
TO THE MISSION HOME INSTEAD OF THE APARTMENT. The Mission Home address is:
1150 Cole Drive SW
Lilburn, GA 30047
I'll let you
know next week if I'm staying in the same apartment or being transferred. Thank you so much!!!
Have a great
week y'all!!
Elder Roddy
No comments:
Post a Comment