Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas Y'All



HEYYYY Y'ALL!!  
This week was a great one!! I have to be quick but I'll do my best to tell you everything that happened!
            On Tuesday Stanley went to the temple!! He even bought a suit so he could go! Apparently, it was only the second time in his entire life he had worn a suit and now he's wearing one every Sunday. This Sunday he approached our Young Men's president and said, "Hey, can I do that bread stuff? Am I allowed to do that?" Ha Ha. So, next week Stanley is going to help bless the sacrament. Love that man!
            On Thursday we had a huge Christmas Party with the entire mission. It was so much fun! At the end, there was a talent show and I considered showing off my computer hacking skills and my bow hunting skills but I decided not to.
            On Friday we met a kid named Max who lives in our apartment complex. He's actually one of the maintenance guys. Max is 23 and his dad passed away about nine months ago and it's been really hard on him. So, we made an appointment with him and taught him about the Plan of Salvation. It went really well and yada, yada, yada, now he's on date to get baptized on January 25th! He lives with his girlfriend so that's a problem but I have faith that it will happen! Max is one of the most tender- hearted kids I've ever met and he's just looking to find happiness anywhere. Where else is better to find happiness than in the gospel!!
            Sorry this update is short.  I just wanted to thank all of you for being the best friends and family in the entire world! I am seriously so blessed to have each of you in my life! MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL. Enjoy it!

Love you!!
Elder Roddy

No comments:

Post a Comment