HEYYYY Y'ALL!!
This week
was awesome!! Except, for the fact that we had transfers on Wednesday. That was actually rough. It was really tough
saying bye to Elder Auaea and Elder Gilliat. Those two have become like
brothers to me. Immediately after though, I met my new companion who I'll be
training for the next 12 weeks! His name is Elder Pena (with a little squibly
over the "n" like it's Spanish) and he's from the big city of
Duchesne, Utah. Ha-Ha. His name is Jesus and he’s actually Native American, not
Hispanic. He is half Navajo and half Ute, and he's the youngest of 9 kids and
the only one to serve mission! So that's really cool. He is kind of shy but
nothing I can't work with. He is a very humble and motivated kid so I'm really
excited to be working with him.
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving because I sure did! It was weird not being home on a holiday like this, but the food made up for it. We went to a member's house and they made a deep fried turkey. It was easily one of the best things I've ever tasted in my entire life! I was so full by the end of the night that I went home and curled in a ball on my bed and didn't move for like an hour. Ha-Ha.
| Elder Auaea, Elder Roderick and Elder Gilliat visit the Atlanta Temple |
On Friday, I had the opportunity to
go to the Atlanta Temple with my entire mission because we met our baptism
goal. I’m proud to say that our baptism
of Stanley brought us up to our goal number. At the temple I was reunited with Elder Auaea
and Elder Gilliat there. The Atlanta temple is tiny! It took us forever to find
it because the Angel Moroni that sits on top of every temple wasn’t even taller
than the trees around it. Nevertheless, it was a really beautiful building and
it was so nice to be able to go.
Stanley is
doing awesome since his baptism last week. He's on board with everything we
teach him and yesterday he was participating in Sunday School and everything.
Next week he has an interview with the bishop about the priesthood. Exciting
stuff!! Love that old man!
Even though this week was really
good, the past few weeks all together have been very stressful and difficult at
times. Being on a mission is a like a roller coaster ride. You're constantly up
and down, up and down. This has been the hardest and most trying experience of
my life, but it's also the happiest and most accomplished I've ever felt. Jesus
Christ himself said it wouldn't be easy, but it would be worth it. It's true!!
Everyone have a
great week! Love you all!!!!
Elder Roddy
No comments:
Post a Comment