Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Battle Continues... Stay Tuned!

Hey y'allllllll,

Man what a week! Let me give you a little insight on what's going on in Roddy's life right now.  This was probably the most difficult week on my mission so far. Satan really decided to come out and mess with our investigators. I hate that guy!! The week actually started off very well because we had a ton of investigators and I was still riding on my emotions from an awesome previous week. I guess I needed to be humbled a little bit! We started off the week with plans to continue teaching about 15 investigators, and now we're down to 4, maybe 5. As you can imagine, losing so many investigators was really hard for me and I don't think I've ever been so frustrated as I have been for the last few nights. It's hard for me to not take everything personally and wonder what it is that I'm doing wrong that’s causing people to fall off.
I've been praying and thinking hard about our loses, and I had a little “flashback” to a video I watched a few weeks ago called Missionary Work and the Atonement. In the video Elder Eyring and Elder Holland speak about the difficulties and hardships of being a missionary. In order to get some insight about why everything seems to be crashing down on us, I watched the video again. The part that really made an impact on me was a section where Elder Holland speaks about the Atonement and all that Christ endured for each of us. He says something to the affect of, "How can any of us expect to be representatives of Jesus Christ if we aren't willing to experience just a LITTLE of what he went through for us". That really took me back and made me realize that in order to experience the joys of a mission, you have to go through the trials and hardships to get there!!
I'm glad you all like the videos that I sent home a few weeks ago. Ha Ha. For the last few P-Days Elder Pena and I have been working on a special video with one of our members that we plan to show at the next ward party. It's going to be called "The District...Southern Style" (with inserts from Twilight). Don't worry, I'll send it home as soon as it's finished. Stay tuned!
I love you all so much! Thanks for the endless support and motivation! When life gets tough, just remember it could be worse! You could be one of the opossums or pigs or raccoons that I see every day dying on the side of the road!! Until next week....so longgg suckaaaaas!


Elder Roddy

No comments:

Post a Comment