Monday, March 3, 2014

A Dip in the Pool for Antonio … Stay Tuned

Hey y'all!!

It was an awesome week here in Grayson! My legs have never been more sore from tracting and knocking on so many doors. Ha Ha. Fortunately, our hard work has been paying off! We had a ton of miracles this week so I'll tell you about a few of them!
            On Tuesday night we met with one of our investigators, Geronte Watts. We taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and invited him to be baptized on March 22nd and he accepted! It was so funny because we had talked with him earlier about being baptized on the 15th and he was down for it, but his wife wasn't, so he declined as well. This time when we extended the invitation, he said, "Ya, of course! I thought we already talked about the 15th?" Ha Ha. His wife is still not willing to meet with us, but Geronte is very dedicated and willing to progress so we're hoping he stays strong!
            By far the best moment of the week was on Thursday night when we met with Antonio and his family! As I explained last week, Antonio is getting baptized this Saturday, March 8th. We finally had the opportunity to meet with his wife and kids (ages 14, 8 and 1). We taught them about the Restoration and the kids were so engaged! They asked a million questions and couldn't get enough information. We taught Jared (the 14 year old) how to pray and he offered the most sincere prayer. After the lesson we asked them to follow their father and be baptized on the 15th and they accepted! Little Andre (the 8 year old) said, "Yay! I'm getting baptized. I'm getting baptized!" It was so amazing! On Sunday they all came to church again and it was like they had been there for years! They paid their tithing and we haven't even taught them about that yet!  Jared wants to come back on Tuesday for mutual because he loved it so much. I really think this family is going to be able to stay active and be a rock in the church! It's honestly the most amazing thing ever to teach a family and watch them grow together. That's what missionary work is all about!
            Antonio's baptism this Saturday is going to be so memorable because we're doing it in a pool! (Remember, that Antonio is the guy who is paralyzed from the waste down so he's confined to a wheel chair.) A member in our ward has a really nice pool in his backyard, so that's where we decided to do the baptism. We haven't figured out exactly how it's going to work, but it'll definitely be a unique experience. I'm so stoked!
            This Saturday afternoon Quinten L. Cook from the Quorum of the Twelve is coming to our mission! Elder Cook will be the second apostle to visit my mission and the third I’ve heard speak since I've been out. Do any of you want me to pass anything along to him? Any questions? You know I'll put my arm around the old fella and ask him anything you want to know. I'll let you know what he has to say.
            I'm sorry this is short. I didn't have a lot of time on the computer this week! ONE MORE THING THOUGH: I gave the wrong address last week! Well, just the wrong apartment address. Here's my correct address:

2945 Rosebud Rd.
Apt. 604 <--------------------
Loganville, GA 30052

Sorry about that! I'll still be able to get anything that was sent to the other one though. Thanks y'all!

Have a great week! Love you guys!!


Elder Roddy

No comments:

Post a Comment