WHADDUP HOMIES,
I figure
that it's time I stop saying "Y'All" since I've completely left the
redneck lifestyle and entered into the hood of ATL! HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!! I
hope you have your green on today. Don't worry. I always wear green because I
get assaulted if I'm not wearing either dark green or camo because dark
green is one of the colors of the gangs around here. So, I'm covered today and
always.
![]() |
| Elder Quentin L. Cook Elder Roderick's new "Bro." |
It was an awesome week! Man it was
fun! First off, last Saturday we had Elder Cook of the Quorum of the
Twelve come and visit us! It was awesome! He wanted to shake every missionary's
hand. So, I thought to myself, “This guy
probably get's SO tired of every missionary coming up to him with big bubbly
eyes and expecting a greeting and a handshake.” Then I thought, "I'll just
say something to him first!" So I walked up to him and said "ELDER
COOK! It is SO nice to meet you." I could tell he was a little
surprised. He replied, "Well, thank
you Elder Roderick. It's nice to meet you!" Sooooo you could say we're
bros. Ha Ha. But really it was so inspiring to listen to him talk! He talked to
us all about how each missionary is where they’re supposed to be. He also took
us through the process of how the apostles decide where to send
missionaries. It was so cool to listen to! I know Georgia is where I'm supposed
to be!
On top of a visit from Elder Cook,
Elder Kopischke of the First Quorum of the Seventy came to visit our mission!
Talk about General Authority overload! He conducted our Zone Conference and
Mission Leadership Council. The leadership council was so amazing! I wish you
could've been there to listen to this man inspire us. He basically told us that
an entire mission rises and falls with the success of the leaders and he said it
in a motivating way. It wasn't intimidating at all! It was so awesome!
| "Ooops! Excuse me. I thought I was knocking on the Roderick's door." |
So like I mentioned, in Grayson I'm
finally experiencing more diversity! We had some hilarious experiences knocking
doors this week! We seriously meet the funniest people! One afternoon we
knocked on a door and this elderly African American lady answered. We
started talking to her and found out her name is Annie Butler. Annie started
asking us questions and she asked, "So are you guys really representatives
of Jesus Christ?" We said, “Ya. Of course Annie!” Then she said, "Hmmm...Let
me see." So she grabbed my hand and held it in between both of hers and
closed her eyes and just sat there for about 5 seconds. Then out of nowhere she
said, "Oh yes! Thankkk you Jesus!! Oh, God bless you. I feel the
power!" I was thinking, “Whaaat?” Then, I immediately replied, “Well,
thanks Annie. We gotta go now!" Then we booked it across the yard.
The next day we met this guy named Ollie who grew up in a gang in downtown Atlanta and he was told us alllll about it. He was a little under the influence at the time so this made the conversation more funny than anything. At the end of the conversation he offered to pray with us and he was saying the most absurd things! (A little background information here… whenever we pray with people they usually blurt "Amen! Yes Jesus!" in the middle of the prayer.) So, during our prayer with Ollie my companion, Elder Covington, decided to switch rolls! Ollie was praying and all of the sudden I hear "AMEN!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!" and I look up and Elder Covington is screaming at the top of his lungs! I was DYING. Life is good! Love you all! Thanks for your endless support!
Elder Roderick

No comments:
Post a Comment