Monday, March 31, 2014

"I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!"

Helloooo Y'All, 

Wow, what a week! It was jam packed with so many things I don't even know where to begin. First off, transfers are on Wednesday and ELDER COVINGTON IS LEAVING ME *insert crying emoji here*. He's been a Zone Leader for 10 months and he's finally being released. His new companion is Elder Kuoha, one of my companions in the MTC! I'm beyond sad that he's leaving because we've seriously become like brothers! We talk about everything and have so much fun together. I can’t even begin to explain how much he's taught me. On the bright side, my new companion is AWESOME!! His name is Elder Flake and he's a rancher from Nevada. He was in rodeos and all that cowboy stuff! He started serving a transfer before me and we served around each other in my last area. So, we know each other well and we're already close. I'm so excited! 
Elder Roderick's Posterity
His father, Elder Auaea and his son, Elder Pena
            Next, my beloved, stripling warrior trainer, aka my father, aka Elder Auaea, is going home on Thursday! He's finished his mission and headed back to the Kingdom of Tonga! *insert more crying emojis*. I'm so grateful for him! He taught me how to work hard and to be grateful for everything I have! I'm going to miss him and I honestly hope that somehow we are able to see each other again!
            Our investing work this week was so great! We are beginning to see the effects of our patience and diligence because our work is starting to pay off. We have a full teaching pool right now with some solid investigators! Sister Renae Burns wants to be baptized in the third week of April, so right now her date is the 20th, but that might change. She's so solid though! We're also teaching Russel Patterson who is the neighbor of one of our ward members. He's an older African American man who was raised as a Southern Baptist and boy, does he love Jesus! On Sunday, he came to church with us and he was all decked out in his suit and top hat. During testimony meeting he kept quietly saying, "Amen! Yes, Jesus. Oh praise the Lord" because that's just what he's used to.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is alive and well in Georgia.
            Also, this week while knocking doors we had a hilarious experience. We knocked on a door and this Romanian man came to the door. I don't know how to explain what he looked like but he basically was a Romanian version of George Costanza, without the glasses. Anyway, we started talking to him and he said, "Oh, Ya. I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! They are very good. I sing opera too." We were thinking,  “Nooo way!” So, he proceeds to say, "Ya, I'll prove it to you!" Then, he played this opera song on his phone for us which he claimed was him singing. I totally believed him, but of course I wanted to keep him talking, so I said "C'mon man that isn't you! Don't lie..." He looked at me, deep in the eyes, and with his thick accent he said, "BOY, YOU THINK I'M BULL CRAPPIN YOU???" Then he started belting opera at the top of his lungs right on the doorstep! I can't even explain how funny it was because every one on the streets just stopped and stared at this Romanian guy singing opera to a couple of Mormon missionaries in the middle of the day. It was so great!

Finally, I must give a shout out to my boys:

HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY NATE DOGG!
I hope you have an awesome day on Saturday, my man!! 
Thanks for being my best friend, who I get to beat up all the time!
I love you bro!!!

CONGRATS to my boys Sam Lohse and Max Larsen on their mission calls!
I'm so excited for you!

I'm sorry I had to be short this week! We have an 86 year-old man waiting for us at the bowling alley! That’s the LIFE OF A MISSIONARY.

Love y'all! Peace out!

Elder Roddy

No comments:

Post a Comment