HELLO LOVED
ONES,
Another
week has come and gone and I’m still here, just soaking up the Georgia humidity
and trying not to die. YAY! Just kidding. I love summertime here! The Georgians
are always barbequing and having a great time.
All right I have so much to tell you
guys and I have to be quick so hopefully I can mention all of it! First,
the week began with some great news from Hickory Flat! I found out that Max and Jenn
got their temple recommends and went to the temple for baptisms this weekend!
Sweet huh? Then later in the week I got Mom's letter and in it she talked
about Opal and how the gospel can still affect people even if they don't get
baptized. Well that same night I also got a letter from Opal! We've been
writing back and forth and she's been having a really hard time. Anyway, she sent me a six-page letter, which
explained some of her troubles, and then she told me how grateful she was that
we came into her lives at just the right time.
At the end she wrote out 3 Nephi 9:22 at the bottom of the page!
Therefore, whoso repenteth
and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the
kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up
again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.
How cool is
that? It was awesome to see that even though Opal isn’t baptized, she is still
reading the Book of Mormon and benefitting from the words of Christ!
Last Sunday we had a gratifying
experience! For the past two months we've been teaching Sister Hinkle who has
been less active for a while. But, since
we’ve been working with her she's been doing great and is completely active
again. So, on Sunday, we had the opportunity to bless her baby and it was
amazing! Ever since coming back to church and
living the commandments, Sister Hinkle has become so much happier.
Right now we're teaching Shakira, a single
black mom who’s about 30 years old (dare I guess her age?) Well, quite often I
send Shakira texts about church or an appointment we have with her, and every time
she responds she says, "Hi Roddy!" Ha Ha! I honestly have NO idea how
this lady knows that people call me, “Roddy.” Elder Flake has never taught her
with me because we're always on splits when we do, and none of the missionaries
I’m teaching her with ever call me “Roddy.”
So, I have no idea how she got the idea to call me “Roddy.” I guess the
name is spreading! Gotta love it. Now I even have a nametag that says Elder
Roddy on it!
Have a great week and know that I love
you all so much! Send me postcards and letters from wherever you are this
summer because like I said, I’m still here soaking up the Georgia humidity.
ELDER RODDY
No comments:
Post a Comment