Monday, August 18, 2014

The #Mission-Life

HEY Y'ALL!!!                                                                                               

The steps to one of the Tallulah Gorge Falls 
It's been a great week in Cornelia. Thank you for your emails and letters.  I look forward to hearing from you each week.
Last week after emailing, we decided to go to Tallulah Gorge State Park and hike around the gorge and the waterfalls. It was so much fun! One blessing about being tucked away in the mountains of Cornelia is the beauty that's all around. 
Elder Roderick & Elder Larsen at Tallulah Gorge 
Well, Elder Larsen and I had a great week working together. In our efforts to find as many people as possible to teach, we tracted our butts off! And, we are finding a lot of potential investigators. I really like working in this area because people are humble and willing to talk with us for a long time. We are trying to work with the current members, but first we have to teach the ward missionaries how to actually do missionary 
                                                                           work. So, getting the ward involved will be a process but we'll figure it out.

On Thursday we did some service work for our ward mission leader, and he asked us to do a million odd jobs all over the place; everything from cleaning his hot tub to cutting down corn stalks (Yaa!). We were about an hour into our work when all the sudden we heard his wife, who was back at the house, scream bloody murder. So, we ran back there to find her pointing at something in the driveway. We ran next to her and saw that she was pointing at a hugeeee black snake. It was completely harmless but she did NOT want to find it again. She yelled, "Kill it Elders! Kill it now!" We thought, “Wowwww.  She’s serious.”  I literally had to take a flat head shovel and whack the poor little guy! (Well it wasn't exactly little and it took forever. It was a tough bugger.) That was an experience! We also had the pleasure of lighting a huge bon fire and one of the Elders singed his eyebrows! Suckkaaaa!
I received some great news from Grayson this week too. Kamari passed the sacrament on Sunday. Yeaaa, Buddy! I'm proud of that stud.
Well, this Thursday, August 21st, I'll be hitting my year mark. It's so crazy how fast time as gone by. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was being dropped off at the MTC and now I've already been in Georgia for a year. I can't even begin to list all the miracles and amazing experiences I've had, so I won't for now, but I see God's hand in my life every day and it's incredible. There is nowhere I would rather be than serving the Lord in Georgia. I’ve been told that the second year always goes by ten-times faster than the first, so I'm going to make sure I take advantage of every day. I can't wait to see what great things God has in store for me. I love being a representative of Jesus Christ! And, I love you and appreciate your support!
To those who wrote me emails today, we literally have NO time to email today so if I can't email you back today, I will email you next week! I'm sorry but it's the #mission-life.

I love you! 1 down 1 to go!


BYE Y'ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment