Hey y'all!!
It was a great
week, as always! First things first, I'm not getting transferred. Instead,
Elder Larsen is! He's going to a ward near Marietta so it'll be good for him to
be around more people and see more of the mission. I love that kid and I'm so
grateful for the time I've had to serve with him! He has taught me so much! As
for me, well I'm training once again. Ha ha. Jeeeeez! I guess I'm so bad at it
that President is trying to teach me something. But, I'm looking forward to getting
another son who will be born in the wilderness!
![]() |
| Blood Mountain Sunset in Cornelia, Georgia |
Well, last
week after emailing, we had our last P-Day with Will (the non-member who always
hangs out with us) because he isn't here today. We hiked Will’s favorite
mountain, which is Blood Mountain. Man! It was so much fun. By the time we got
to the top, it was sunset so we got some cool pictures. But, then that meant during the entire hike
down we were in the dark! I'm lucky I didn't die!
We had a
really solid week here in Cornelia, especially working with the less actives.
It's crazy! In the past two weeks between us, the other elders and the ward
members, we’ve found five less active members who aren't on our records. Each
of them is extremely kind and open to meeting with us. They just haven't been
to church in YEARSSS and a lot of them don't even remember very much about the
Church. They also have less-active kids and some non-member family
members! So, it's basically like teaching investigators because of their lack
of a knowledge and testimony (yet). The only difference is just that they’ve
already been baptized. Our situation with them reminds me of something Elder
Nelson said, "The return of less actives is equal in importance as baptisms
for the growth of the Church. We need them as much as we need new
converts." I think that really hits home for the Cornelia ward.
One of the
people that I'm talking about is Maricruz Galicia. We met her while we were
eating after our District Meeting last Tuesday at a place called Cracker
Barrel. She is the restaurant hostess.
When we approached her she said, "Hello Elders, follow me." When we
sat down, I asked her how she knew we were Elders and in her Mexican accent she
replied, "Because I'm Mormon! Just no more activity. I don't know where
church is!" So, I immediately thought, “We can help you with that!” We
went by her house and met with her on Thursday.
We found out that she has three kids who were also baptized, one of whom
is living with her but doesn't really remember anything about the church, as
well as two daughters who haven't been baptized (but one of them is 6). So,
we're going to be working with them! There are other cool stories like that
that happen all the time in this area because it is so vast and there are so
many people who we don't even know about. It's crazy how the Lord just puts us
where we need to be, even for lunch!
I love you
guys! Talk to you
next week,
Roddy
P.S. I ate deer
last night at the Dustin's house! Josh shot it in his own front yard. Haha! Dang Rednecks!

No comments:
Post a Comment