Monday, December 1, 2014

What Are You Thankful For?

WHAT'S UP GUYS!                                                                                                                                                                  
Pie in the Face Round 2
Our week was so great! And, like always, we're limited on time today so I'll try and get in as much information as I can. Well, we started off the week last Monday with an early Thanksgiving dinner with both of the Dustin families! It was so much fun! And, you know what that means....Yup! Pie in the face Round 2 and it was just as good as Round 1! Ha Ha! I wish you guys could've seen it. Brother Dustin had the entire pie stuck perfectly to his face so at first, all I could see was his nose. Of course, I couldn’t really see because I was too busy eating pie off of my face. Ha Ha! 
Actual Thanksgiving Day was great as well! We had a lot of free time in the morning because we had two dinners and our first wasn't until 2. So, we were trying to figure out what to do and we decided that knocking doors on Thanksgiving wouldn't really be the best idea. Instead, we made a sign on a white board that said, "WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?" We walked around the Walmart parking lot with it and asked people to sign it and then we gave them a picture of Christ. It was great, until the store manager kicked us out. So, then we just went to Ingles Market and the manager there actually signed the board and told us to keep doing it. It was tons of fun and some people even got emotional over it as they thought about all the things they were grateful for!
Like I said we had two dinners, one at 2 and one at 5 then some dessert at 8. I was stuffed! I was well taken care of and no one fed us anything crazy. So, I'm safe...for now!
We had some great success with our investigators this week. Unfortunately, Robin keeps getting sick with a nasty stomach virus and she has to keep going to the ER but we were able to have a great lesson with Renee and James on Wednesday. It's amazing how far Renee has come. At first she was totally against us and now she asks us tons of questions and she even got off work next week so she can come to church. We're planning to put James on date for baptism this week, so pray for us!
We're finding a lot of interested families to teach right now too.  In fact, we found one mom who let us in her home to talk to her and she explained that she didn't like some of the small churches that she had been going to because she has 7 kids and everyone judged her for it. Ha. Ha! Elder Larsen and I were both laughing and we said, "Your family of 9 would be 1 of 5 at our church..soooo..." She is basically already Mormon, she just doesn't realize it yet.
Elder Roderick and Allen Dustin 
Earlier in the week we had a lesson with one of our other investigators, Eric. When we went to teach him we found out that his grandpa's health had suddenly taken a turn for the worse and it looked like he wasn't going to make it. Then, later in the week we were driving, and we got a prompting to go visit him, so we did. Well, Eric wasn't home. So, we thought that was weird. Later that night we got a text from him and he told us that his grandpa had passed away and he asked us to keep his family in our prayers. When we told him we had stopped by earlier that day, it meant a lot to him and that's when we recognized why the Spirit told us to go visit Eric.
So, as you can see, it was a great week. I'm off to hike a mountain in December! I love Georgia!

Love you guys!!


Elder Roderick

No comments:

Post a Comment