Hey guys!
It's
officially Christmas time here in the boonies of the South, which means there
are a lot of Redneck Santas and a lot of Rudolphs being shot for dinner! Ha Ha!
Sorry, but it's true! I ate deer three times this week.
| Bad Santa Hats & Ugly Ties call for a "Prayer for our Missionaries." |
| "Good Bye" Elder Covington |
Our
investigators are doing well. We found a lot of good people that we're going to
start teaching this week. So, one funny
experience happened on Friday night. We went to visit Bunny (yes, real name), a
lady who a member family named the Thompsons told us to go visit. We wanted to
sing her some Christmas carols, so our plan was to start singing as soon as she
opened the door and try not to scare her away with our voices. (By the way, I'll
have you know that Sister Bennion put me in the mission choir and it's really
paying off. Ha Ha.) Anyway, we rang the door bell and instead of coming to the
door, she yelled from inside, "WHO IS IT!?" I thought to myself,
"Crap! Do I just start singing now or what do I say?" So I yelled back,
"IT'S US!!!!" Then she opened the blinds, because she was probably
wondering who in the heck "US" was, and before we got a chance to start
singing she asked, "What do YOU want?" At this point, the caroling
idea seemed weird and the situation was super awkward. So I just said, "Well
ma'am, to be honest we were just going to sing you a song." Then she
responded, "Ugh. Okay. One moment. Let me go PUT SOME CLOTHES ON."
(.......) Finally, she came to the door and we sang to her, quite horribly I
should add. Thankfully, our visit turned
out “okay” because as soon as we told her the Thompsons sent us, she let us in
and we had a great Christmas message with her. During our visit we learned
that she has a brain tumor and she was not feeling good that day, and the
message really cheered her up and made her feel better. So, it was a good
experience. But, you should know that those awkward moments are basically what
my life consists of. Ha Ha!
If you're
wondering what else happens in Cornelia, the big news it that there is an old
man who comes into the library bathroom every Monday and yells at the top of
his lungs while he's sitting in there. Oh joy! I usually cry because I'm
laughing so hard.
Have a
great week guys! I can't wait to talk to you in 10 days! Love you so much!!
Roddy
No comments:
Post a Comment