Monday, January 12, 2015

Miracle Updates

Hey y'all!                                                                                             

How's it goin'? It was a great week! I was freezing my little tail off though! Ha Ha! I hate the cold here! But it's all good! So, I realized that every week I share some cool miracles about people that we met or that we're teaching and then I hardly ever tell you what happens to them next! You're probably always wondering what happens to them! So, I thought I would just fill you in on some of the people I've told you about in the past month or so.
Do you remember the lady that we tried to carol to and it was superrr awkward? Well, it turned out being a great experience! Her name is Bunny and she's awesome! She is an awesome cook and always sends us away with food so ya, she's my favorite. She's reading the Book of Mormon and is really invested in it because she said her Mormon friends mean a lot to her and she wants to take this seriously. So she's doing really well!
Maricruz moved last week and we lost contact with her because her phone disconnected, but the Elders down in the ward below us are hopefully going to start teaching her. I miss her!
Emily, Robin's granddaughter is doing really well too! This week we taught her about the Apostasy and the Restoration by using Jenga blocks to provide an object lesson. It was so cute because after we left Robin said she kept building the tower and was convinced that the it literally couldn't stand unless Jesus was on the bottom. So, it looks like we got our message across! Jeff (Robin’s fiance) is doing well too and they're planning to get a marriage certificate this week from a judge. Jeff asked us for our number so that he could text us questions and Robin said he literally told her five times last week that he had our number and he was going to contact us. I’m glad someone likes us! 
On Saturday we had the baptism for Barry. It was awesome! The ward has really taken him in and done an amazing job of supporting him. He doesn't have a car so we've really needed their help and they've been great. The baptism was super spiritual and the lessons at church yesterday were perfect for him. We were able to perform his confirmation and then we had ward conference. In each lesson, it felt like the Stake Presidency was directly teaching to him. It was so cool and he felt the love!
Great things are happening! Everyone we're teaching right now is a member referral and it makes things sooo much easier. That's what President Bennion wanted me to do here in Cornelia – increase member missionary work. So, I'm glad its going well. If what he told me stands, this will be my last week in the area! 
Man, I'm going to miss this place, and all the chicken poop that comes with it! I love you guys! Thank you for everything! You're the best!
Elder Roddy

No comments:

Post a Comment