Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Movin' On

What's up y'all!                                                                               

            I hope you guys had a great week! It sounds like everything is going well in the 801.  I love hearing from you guys and feeling of your support. It means the world! 
           Well, tomorrow morning I'll be transferred to the Roswell Ward where I'll be a Zone Leader. It's an amazing ward and I'm super excited!! My new companion is Elder Gosar and he's an awesome kid. Like me, he was trained in Hickory Flat so he has to be good. Ha Ha. I'm really looking forward to serving in Roswell!
My last week in Cornelia was great! Man! I hate to leave though. I mean I won't miss the smell of chickens poop but I've seriously learned to love the area and I'm going to miss the ward so much. It's definitely bitter sweet! I have seen a huge progression in the ward and I am so sad to leave some of the people whom I've come to love. I told them, “I'll be back with y'all!”
Goodbye to Grandma Sowell in Cornelia.
 The week went out with a bang! Jeff committed to baptism! It was an amazing experience. His baptism will be at the beginning of March because he and Robin have been trying to make arrangements for their marriage and March is the soonest they can get it done. I wish you could have experienced the lesson with me because it was something I’ll never forget! He told us that in between each of our lessons he had been praying to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and one day he was driving to work and he got a "powerful confirmation that Joseph Smith was a prophet." He said, "I can't describe what it felt like. It was a weird feeling, but a good weird feeling. It was like an energizing comfort. I think it was heaven's answer to me!" Those were his exact words! It was one of those moments where I was so grateful to be a missionary and to have the opportunity to see someone get a confirmation that the gospel is true! So, when we asked him if he would be baptized he said, "Well, Ya, Of course! When should we do it? I'll let my boss know I need work off." It was awesome! I'm so happy for Robin and how everything in her life is coming together for her in a positive way. Last night when I said goodbye to her she promised me that she would make it to the temple in 2015! I can't wait to come back and go with her! I gave Robin and Jeff copies of the Book of Mormon that y'all and the Parkins gave me with your testimonies inside and it meant the world to them. So, thank you!
Goodbye to the Diopulos Family.
Next week I'll let you know what Roswell is like. Thanks for everything! Love you guys!!


Elder Roddy

P.S.
The Mission Office doesn't forward mail. So, if you want to send me a letter (and I know you do) my new address is:

13085 Morris Rd.
Unit 9307
Alpharetta, GA 30004

No comments:

Post a Comment