What's up guys?!
| A farewell breakfast with Elder Gosar & Elder Jensen |
Today I'll have to make my letter quick.
But, thank you so much for your emails! I love hearing about your lives and how
well you're doing. It's crazy to think that in less than a month I'll be
skyping with you! Gosh! Time flies by too fast!
So,
transfers are on Wednesday and at the last minute President is sending Elder
Gosar away! Ahhh… I'm bummed! L I've had too much fun with that kid. He's such a
stud and I have learned so much from him. But, we'll be life-long friends and
I'm so grateful for that such friendships are one of blessings that a mission
brings. My new companion is Elder Cottle. I'll tell you all about him next
week!
This week
was amazing because we saw so many miracles!!! Seriously! Everything is just
happening so fast right now and I hope it continues. We started teaching two
kids named Mauricio (16) and Kimberly (10) Olascuada. Their older sister,
Cindy, was baptized in the YSA Ward in the stake about a month ago and they
just moved into our ward boundaries. So, all three of them are going to start
coming to our ward. This week we taught them a couple times and they accepted a
baptism date for May 9th! But they didn't come to church this week. L It's all right though. We'll get them to
church this week! They are both really mature kids and it’s a ton of fun to
teach them so I'm looking forward to continue working with them!
I had the
most amazing experience last night! I went on a split with Brother Kelly, a
member in our ward who is THE MAN because he literally teaches with us like 5
times a week. He and I went to teach a
new investigator that I found on an exchange with another Elder on Saturday
night. Her name is Merci and she's from Kenya. When we met her, our original
plan had been to meet with a former investigator. When we arrived at his house he wasn’t at
home, so we knocked on the door next to his and that’s when we met Merci. It turns
out she met with some Elders once or
twice about 6 months ago. So, it was a huge miracle that we found her! Anyway, after
meeting her on Saturday I went back last night with Brother Kelly and we met
her 9-year old daughter, Calista, and her 4-year old son, Kanoa.
At the
beginning of the lesson we invited them to watch “Because He Lives,” and while
they were watching it Merci started crying. At the end she just kept saying
over and over again, "I know He lives. I know it. I know it." So, I
asked her how she came to know that for herself. Before replying she asked her
kids to go upstairs, and then just poured her heart out to us, with tears
flowing like Niagara Falls. She was so sincere and told us all about the life
she's had and how she knows that God is there because of the amazing way her
children have turned out. She expressed to us how she knew that the Lord loved
her and she has felt Him forgive her many times, but every time she goes to find
Him she gets confused because of all the different beliefs. She said she feels
like she gets little bits and pieces of the Savior from all the different
churches, but she's left confused knowing which one will guide her down the
path that she can stay on forever. At this point I'm just chillin’ like
"Boooooooo Yaaaaaaaa!" Ha Ha! So, we scheduled an appointment with
her on Wednesday night to teach her about the Restoration! I'm stoked!
At the end
of the lesson, I testified to her that God had led us there as representatives
of Jesus Christ to help her at the perfect time, so that she could find Christ
the way that she's been looking for. She looked at me and said, "Yes. I
know that. I know that because I can still feel it burning inside me. I haven't
opened up like that for a long time to anyone, and it was something I really
needed." The whole thing was just amazing! Experiences like that are why I
love being on a mission so much! If I could tell you about all of the amazing
people we meet with every week I would. But, it would take me years. Just know that I'm doing great and I think our family should just move to Georgia so I
don't have to leave these people!!
I love you
guys! Thank you for your support! I have the best family and the most amazing friends in the world!
Loveubye,
Elder Roderick
No comments:
Post a Comment