Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Highs and Lows

WHADDUP ?!                                                                                    

            This week was so crazy!! We went to lunch with a member this week and he told us that never in our lives would we experience such extreme highs and lows in a single day as often as we do on our missions. That statement couldn't be more true and this week was no exception at all! To explain everything that happened I think it'll be best to tell you about some of the people we're working with because if I try to take it day by day you'll be really lost.
Elder Roderick says "Goodbye" to Albertine,
a recent convert who moved to Indiana. 
            Brian and Stacy are doing amazing!! I wish you guys could meet them. Stacy is so converted right now and willing to do anything. It's so cool to see! We've started focusing more of our lessons on Brian because he's been less active for yearsssssss and at this point working with him is just like teaching an investigator. He’s progressing very well though. They came to the Sunday morning session of Conference and loved it! Both of them walked away in “awe” because they felt like the speakers spoke directly to them and answered their individual questions. I know the experience was a huge testimony builder for them. When President Monson got up and started speaking about temples I couldn't believe it, because that's exactly what they are working toward. Brian's little sister Crystal, who's 23, came with them and she loved the messages to! We've starting to teach her boyfriend, Jason, whom she lives with and he's an awesome kid! He came and watched Conference too! Apparently, it's the first time he has ever even had the courage to talk to missionaries. So, it's a huge miracle! Please pray for them!
            Speaking of conference, I thought it was so good! I couldn't believe it was my LAST ONE in the mission field. I hate that so much! I was so impressed by how many talks were about the importance of family and they made me love and appreciate my family and friends so much more. I hope you know how much I love each of you individually. I have the best support group in the world!
            So, remember Miss Hunter, our 90-year-old investigator? She dropped us :( Ha Ha. It was super sad! She thought she wasn't getting an answer, but she just wasn't recognizing it. We tried so hard to help her! She's just getting a little old and it was stressing her out. Don't tell her I said that.  She'd kill me for calling her old! Ha Ha. But, she said we're always welcome to come and visit her. So, that's good!
Elder Roderick's favorite friends, Mauken & Jamaiyah
            Losing Miss Hunter was a major low, but then of course, right after that experience we had a huge high. We went to visit Nella, one of our Haitian investigators. I've told you a little about her and her husband, Jacque. They are amazing. I know they are going to be a future Relief Society President and Branch Counselor in the French branch that is going to be organized in Alpharetta. I just know it! Nella is progressing faster than Jacque, but I know he'll come along. He's just so dang busy. Anyway, we visited Nella and found out that on a recent trip to Massachusetts, she read from 3 Nephi 11 to the end of the Book of Mormon! Ahhh… She read it on the plane and told the person next to her all about it. She also listened to seven Conference talks we gave her and she loved them. Her best friend in Massachusetts listened to them too and now she meeting with missionaries in her area. So, crazy! Nella has been praying a lot about our lessons and she told us that she knows what we're teaching her is true and she believes that God is shifting her in His direction. She accepted to be baptized but wouldn't accept a date, yet. So we're super excited about that. Then, to top it all off, the one session of Conference that she had a chance to watch was when Elder Andersen spoke about the amazing work going on in Haiti! How perfect could that be? I'll let you know how things progress with her.
            This week the Lord blessed us with more awesome people to teach. I'll tell you about them next week!
            I'm so grateful for this experience and I love the work so much! Thank you for all that each of you do for me! I couldn't be here without you!

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nathan!! 
The big 1-7! Man, Oh, man! I love you Dawg! 
It's crazy to think you'll be turning in your mission 
papers around this time next year. 
Don't forget that!  

Love you guys!!

Elder Roderick

No comments:

Post a Comment