What's up guys!
How are you??
| Introducing Elder Roderick's new companion, Elder Cottle |
This week
was incredible, as always! Our investigators are doing really well! It's so
amazing to experience the miracles I witness and to see how the Lord keeps His work
rolling forward! We had an especially cool experience! We went to visit a less-active member of
our ward who lives by the church and when we arrived at the house, we found out
that the family had moved. So, we knocked on the door directly to the right of
it. At that house, we met a 23-year old girl who was baptized into the Church
when she was 8, went on and off through the Young Womens Program and just
recently moved to Alpharetta. We had no idea she lived there. She told us she
was interested in getting back into the Mormon Church because all the other
churches she visited simply didn't compare. So, we scheduled an appointment
with her and yesterday I taught her with Elder Zimmerman, a missionary in the
YSA Ward. She committed to have the YSA missionaries teach her each week and
she is going to begin attending the YSA Ward. It was incredible how the Lord
told us to go visit one less-active member, just so we could find the one who was
actually prepared to come back! Sometimes missionary work is like a game. It's
our job to follow the Spirit, find out why we're there, and then see the Lord
work miracles. I love it! Now the Church has one more person in attendance at
church on Sundays! The best part of meeting this girl was that her brother is
serving a mission in Utah, and she doesn't talk to him much but after the
lesson she was said, "I'm going to go email my brother right now and I
tell him what just happened! He's going to be so happy!" Yes, he is!
Mauricio
and Kimberly are doing really well! Kimberly is ready to get baptized and she’d
do it tomorrow, if she could! Mauricio is still planning to get baptized with
her on May 9th but he’s a little hesitant because he just feels like
he doesn't know enough yet. So pray for him! We're teaching him the rest of the
lessons this week so that by the end of it, he'll feel more prepared. This week
we also saw some huge miracles with their family. Their parents and other older
sister (the one who's not a member) have started showing interest in the church
PURELY through Mauricio and Kimberly's examples. At first they said that the
kids were welcome to come to church but that they didn't have any interest.
However, after seeing them pray together and read their scriptures their hearts
have been completely softened. On Sunday, their mom, Julia, and their other
sister, Janette, attended Stake Conference and they loved it! Then, later in
the afternoon we had a lesson with them and their dad! Their dad is still a
little hesitant to go to church but he's excited to read the Book of
Mormon and meet with us! Tonight we are having dinner at a member's home with
them and teaching them a lesson!
If
you’re still awake, I’ll tell you another crazy thing that happened this week!
Ha Ha! First you have to understand the backstory. When I was in Hickory Flat,
there was a Haitian investigator, named Abraham, who the sister missionaries
were teaching. One night Bishop and Sister King had all the missionaries over
to their home to eat lasagna with Abraham and his wife. Somehow I remember a
lot about that night because Abraham was such a good guy and his wife was so
sweet. Well, when Elder Cottle and I were at Jacques and Nella's on Saturday
(the Haitian couple we're teaching) there were two other people there who had
been there before. Every time they saw me they'd say, "We know you! We've
seen you before!" And every single time I've said, "Uhh?" A few times while I've been with
them they've asked me if I served in Canton, to which I responded, "No I
served in Hickory Flat.” (Like, duh! C'mon people! I mean how stupid could I
be. OF COURSE I was in Canton.) Anyway, they asked me a few times and every
time I told them, “No,” because of course in my mind I'm thinking the Canton
WARD. So, when we were at Jacques and Nella’s on Saturday night, the Haitian
couple kept looking at me and saying that they knew me and I was SO confused.
Finally they said, "We had dinner with you in Canton!" And I'm still
thinking, “Uhh? Who are you?” Then, they said, "Ya! It was at the
minister's house! What is the wife's name, Joanne? We had lasagna!"
FINALLY it hit me and I shot up out of my chair and asked the man, "WAIT!
WHAT IS YOUR NAME?" and he said, "ABRAHAM!" I was thinking, “OH
MY GOSH! This is crazy!” They've been friends with Jacques and Nella for 5
years! Not only did I meet them in Hickory Flat but, now I have the chance to
see them again, with their friends who are very actively investigating the
Church. If that's not the Lord working miracles I don't know what is!
Well I love you
guys! Thank you for everything! Have another great week!!
Elder Roddy
No comments:
Post a Comment