Tuesday, May 12, 2015

It's All Worth It!

What's up guys?                                       


Happy 84th Birthday Grandma! 
Since we talked about so much yesterday, this will be a short letter, but this week was amazing for me! Like I told you yesterday, I wish I could tell you about every conversation I have because most of them are just that awesome! After I hung up with you guys, we went and celebrated the 84th birthday of Nella's mom! It was SO GREAT! We call her “Grandma” and she legit thinks of us as her sons! I wish you guys could meet her. She doesn't speak a lick of English and just walks around laughing and hugging everyone. Jacques and Nella had their whole family over and it was awesome because they aren't scared at all to talk about the Church and they basically treat us like royalty while we are in their home. They are such amazing people and I love them so much. Jacques even made sure that I gave all the husbands of the families a Book of Mormon and he said to us, "For the 4th of July we have 30 people staying at our house, I want a Book of Mormons for each one of them!" A Hatian member of our ward was at the party and he is an amazing cook. He used to live in Miami and was one of Dwyane Wade's main chefs! So, you could say the food was pretty legit J.
Jacques, Grandma and Nella 
Diane will officially be getting baptized this weekend, as long as nothing crazy happens…which could…you never know. She is doing great! Also, I'm not sure if you remember me talking about Hugues, but he is Fabiola's brother and he moved back to Alpharetta from Texas. He's 23 and also from the Bahamas. It's so good to have him back with us! He's trying to figure things out right now so he'll be here for about a month then he's moving to Utah! So, I'll get to see him when I get home! Small world!
Alpharetta Missionaries, Mother's Day 2015
Our teaching pool grew a lot this week too! We're teaching an Indian couple, the Vincents, who are Christian but even so, they are difficult to teach because they've had a REALLY hard time accepting anything about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. But, this week we finally made a break through with them and they are starting to accept the Book of Mormon! A Haitian boy in our ward, Finley, also introduced us to one of his friends.  His name is Donovan and he came to church this week! So, we're hoping to start teaching him in the future and we’ll see where it goes from there! Like I told you yesterday, we are just very blessed right now with a lot of investigators. Trust me, I'm very grateful because I know that's not always the case with missionary work! It's been amazing for me to see how the Lord is truly a part of this work. Even today in Walmart a worker approached us to return a Spanish Book of Mormon that he found, and when we started talking to him we learned that he was from Haiti and spoke French and Creole! So, we just swapped his El Libro De Mormon with a Liv Momon An! And, we're going to teach him this week! Missionary work is just so awesome, even if it is 100 degrees outside and I can't see straight because it's so hot, it's all worth it J.
I love you guys so much! Thank you for everything you do for me! It was so good to talk to you again!

Love you,


Elder Roddy

No comments:

Post a Comment