Thursday, May 28, 2015

Goodbye Roswell

What's up, Y'All?                                                                                       

How are you guys?  It sounds like everyone had a good weekend! Thank you so much for for sending me the pictures of Andy's baptism in NORWAY. I can't believe they were able to do that. It reminded me of when we brought Nathan to South Carolina to be baptized in the Atlantic Ocean! I'm so glad the Flandros were able to have that experience!
Elder Roderick's cousin, Anderson Flandro, is
baptized in Norway, in the North Sea. 
Well, as the subject says, I'm getting transferred tomorrow. I can't believe that 4 months have already come and gone in Roswell! I was honestly really surprised when I heard that I was leaving. It has been such an amazing experience to serve in this area with these people. I love the people I've met here so much! It's been so hard to say, “Goodbye” to everyone but the great part about leaving is that I know I'll be able to stay in touch with them for the rest of my life. That's the best part about my mission. You meet people and interact with them for just a short time, but you create relationships that will last for a lifetime. I'm going to miss this place so much!!
The good news is that I'm being transferred to Canton – right back to where I was at the very beginning of my mission! The Canton Ward shares a building with the Hickory Flat Ward, so I'm going to see all my old friends, including my first baptism, Stanley Daly, who will be going through the temple soon! The funniest part is I'm going to be companions again with Elder Johnson, one of the Elders I trained in Cornelia, and I'll also be picking up a new missionary tomorrow and training him for my last 3 months. So, I'm going to be in a threesome with two Elders that I've trained. It's just one big happy family! 
Elder Roderick and Elder Cottle with the King Family from Canton, GA.




The Lord blessed Elder Cottle and me during our last week together! On June 7th, Kimberly is getting baptized with her older sister Jeanette, and now their mom, Julia, is going to join them. Most likely their brother, Mauricio Jr., will be baptized as well! We attended another baptism with them this weekend, and afterwards Julia told us that she was ready! With a big smile on her face she said "Okay, I'm ready. I'll get baptized on June 7." It was such a miracle! I'm going to find a way to make it back to Alpharetta in a couple weeks for the triple baptism. I'm really grateful for Elder Cottle and everything he taught me as a companion and friend over these last 6 weeks. I love that kid! 
One last thought, Elder Zwick returned for a mission conference this week to train us on the iPads that we'll be getting on June 2nd. He told me about seeing Grandma! At the very beginning of the conference he stood up and said, "Elders and Sisters, I love you, and I send you the love of President Monson. I also send you the love of your families, some of which I've seen very recently." Then… he looked right at me for about 5 seconds. Ha Ha. He told me he'd do his best to be there for my homecoming. If that's not nerve-wracking, I don't know what is!

I love you guys so much! Thank you for all you do for me! 

Elder Roderick

Here is my new address:

601 Heritage Drive
Apt. 301

Canton, GA 30114 

No comments:

Post a Comment