| Happy 20th Birthday! |
Hey Y'All!
Happy
Father's Day, Dad! You're the man, at least until I get home and once again,
become man of the house. I'm just kidding! I'm grateful for everything you've
taught me in my life! You've been an amazing example to me and I can honestly
say I wouldn't be serving a mission if it weren't for you! So, thank you!
| Elder Roderick's Birthday Banner with notes from home. |
Thank you
for everything you did for my birthday! I hung up the banner you made me above
my desk and that cake is delicious! It's hard to believe that I hit the 20s
this week. The people in Georgia treated me very well and we had amazing spiritual
experiences on Saturday, which made my birthday all I could asked for!
| HotRoddy is lovin' Hotlanta |
It was
another great week here in Canton! We're continuing to find people to teach
which is keeping me busy and focused. Elder Detmer is pushing me like a mad man
too and I'm grateful for it! On Saturday we should be having a baptism service
for Julius! We had a really good week with him and his family. It was definitely
up and down but he's going to be ready. On my birthday I had one of the most
spiritual experiences of my mission with him. That morning Satan was working
really hard on Julius by trying to confuse him about his decision and make him
have second thoughts about it. It caused him to relapse on his old habits. We
went to his house and when we got arrived we had a really good conversation
with him. His biggest concern was that if he got baptized, and the rest of his
family decided not to for whatever reason, that it would tear them apart. We
helped him see that the gospel has only brought them closer together, and it
would continue to do the same after his baptism. After our lesson we went
inside and gave him a priesthood blessing, then afterwards we all got on our
knees, and Julius prayed and covenanted with the Lord that he would do
everything within his will and power to permanently change his life, to remove
his addictions from his brain, and always try to follow Jesus Christ. At that
moment, I had never in my life seen someone so humbled before the Lord. It
reminded me of Mosiah 4 in the Book of Mormon, where we’re taught that we
should "always remember the greatness of God, and your own nothingness,
and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble
yourselves even in the depths of humility…." That is literally what I saw
with Julius. As I watched him pray, he taught me so much and at that moment and
the Spirit was SO strong. I've never seen someone come such a long way to be
baptized and confirmed. It's been such a great experience to be a part of!
Hopefully all goes well this week and he makes it to Saturday. I love that man!
| Elder Roderick and his best friend, Allen Dustin |
Everything
else is going well! We found some sweet new investigators on Saturday, and the
mom of the family is Venezuelan and they're feeding us dinner tonight! Yeaaa, Buddy!
I'm lovin’ it! The weeks are going by faster and faster. Thank you for
everything you do for me! I'll see you soon!
Elder Roderick
No comments:
Post a Comment