Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Patience is a Virtue

Hellooo Family and Friends!                                                                                     

Jacque & Nella are baptized
f It's crazy how fast time is going! Tons happened for me this week and we've been really busy: zone meetings, miracles, baptisms, and some experiences that are probably best not to share until I see you in person. Ha ha. Sorry, this letter is going to be a little shorter than most, but I figure I'll be able to give you more details of anything you want to know next week. Right?
By far, the highlight of my week was witnessing the baptism of Jacques and Nella, and seeing all my friends in Roswell! Oh my goodness! I seriously love those people so much. Saturday night was easily one of the most rewarding nights of my mission, as we watched Jacques and Nella enter into a covenant with God. Those two are truly inspiring and they have taught me so much. It was so amazing to see them again. They were both so happy and the light of Christ was just shining from their faces. Their baptisms taught me about patience and waiting on the timing of the Lord. I can recall countless nights when I prayed and wondered why they still hadn't received their answer to be baptized. There were times where Elder Gosar and I and later, Elder Cottle and I didn't know what else to do! However, on Saturday I think I finally saw the bigger picture and I realized why we are always told to let everything happen in the Lord's timing. Now that the baptism has actually happened I know that it couldn't have happened any other way or at any other time. Heavenly Father  likes to keep our lives interesting… always waiting until the last moment… just to test our faith. But hey, that's what makes life fun.
Every kid's dream: a selfie with Ronald McDonald
After the baptism, there was a multi-cultural dinner, where members of the ward brought food from their different countries. I got to see Brian and Stacy and they are doing so great! They've recently seen so many miracles in their lives. I also got to see Cleevens, and the Jean family, and so many members of the Roswell Ward that I love. Then to put the cherry on top, the Gellis family, one of my favorite families in the world from Roswell, showed up to the Canton Ward yesterday and
told me that in a few weeks they were moving into the Canton Ward! God is pretty awesome.
This Saturday Weena Riddle will be baptized! She's amazing. It will be a good little treat for the last weekend of my mission. She has made a lot of progress and her coversion has been a positive experience for the Mays because they have been able to help teach her and fellowship her. Julius is going to baptize Weena, so the man is 3 for 3! 100% on possible ordinances performed.  For the time being, he is definitely leading the LDS Church in ordinance statistics. He's the MVP in my books! #gomormons




I love you guys! Thank you for all you do for me! I'll see you SOON!


Elder Roderick

No comments:

Post a Comment