HEY Y'ALLLL!
WOW! It
was such a great week here in the amazing city of Atlanta Georgia! (I like to
say I'm in Atlanta because everyone knows it's more fun down there, and in
reality, I'm close enough). It's only been 92 degrees with 90% humidity all week
long and I haven't died yet. However, give
me one more month and I think I'm done for. Honestly though, I love every
minute of it!
| Grayson Zone of the Georgia Atlanta North Mission |
To start the week, we had zone
training meeting. This is where our
entire zone gets together for 3 hours to receive training and instruction.
Elder Flake and I were able to plan the meeting and it went really well. We
have the best zone in the world! Transfers are this week and we're losing a lot
of effective missionaries but we're also receiving a number of great ones too. The good news is, Elder Flake and I are staying together. YA BABY! We're so
stoked! Anyway, after the zone training meeting all the Elders in the zone went
to a Chinese buffet for lunch and some of the them decided to have an
eating contest. Bad idea! By the end of the hour they were all practically dead
and Elder Flake just walked up to them and said, "Sorry y'all! Should've
thought about how you’d feel before ya’ did it. Time to get back work!" He
doesn't take any excuses and I love it!
This week we had an amazing lesson
with our investigator, Emoy, and her daughter, Aaysia. We taught them about the
Plan of Salvation and you could literally see the spirit work inside her and
help her answer the questions we asked. Emoy is absolutely hilarious. Based on what we had just taught her, we would
ask her a question and she would say,
"Hmmmm...okay. Lord Jesus speak through me here," and then she'd
pause for a second and answer it PERFECTLY! It was amazing to witness! At the
end of the lesson, Emoy offered the closing prayer and she said these exact
words, "Thank you, Father, for sending these boys to answer questions of
mine that I've pondered for the last three decades.” It was literally miraculous to see
how the gospel, when taught SO simply, answered some of the questions that had
been puzzling her throughout her entire life!
| The Roderick Family |
Our great week capped off yesterday
with MOTHER'S DAY, which meant I got to Skype home! It was the best thing in
the world to be able to talk to my fabulous family! They are so supportive of me
and I couldn't ask for a better family. I seriously love them so much. I
thought it was going to be really hard to see them, but following our conversation I was
motivated and inspired to be the best missionary I can! And, I just want
everyone to know how much I love my mom! She's the best and no one compares.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
I love y'all so
much! Thank you for everything you do for me.
Have a great
week,
Elder Roddy
No comments:
Post a Comment