Monday, May 26, 2014

The Power of a Testimony

Hello Friends,                                                                                                

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! Wow we are just so blessed to live in this amazing place we call 'MURICA. Today, the Georgians are firing up their grills and having some nice "Barbecurrrrr." There's nothing like a patriotic holiday in the South!
I'm sorry I don't have much time today, but I'll do my best to share some of the best experiences we've had this week! Gosh, I just love the South so much.
To start off the week I went on exchange with a Spanish Elder in his area. I always love/hate these exchanges because the experiences are always great but God hasn't given me the gift of tongues yet. So, I literally don't understand anything that's going on which means my mind just wanders off into no man's land. The exchange was... interesting. We went to a really humble apartment complex to pop in on their investigators and let me just say, the place was very, very run down. We were teaching this lady and a random cat came and sat on her lap and this cat did NOTTT look muy bueno so I said, “Maám is that your cat?" and she replied, "No. This is stray. Me don’t know where cat from." You know how I just adore cats. NOT. So, I’m thinking, “Ahhh LORRRD help us all. Then the cat tried to come cuddle with me and I was thinking, “NOOPPPEEEE!” That poor cat probably never felt less loved, but Roddy wasn't about to let that fly.
We had an interesting lesson this week with some Jehovah’s Witnesses that we met! One thing that I respect about them is they are very passionate about what they believe and do their best to share it with everyone like we do! We usually don't like to meet with Jehovah’s Witnesses because discussions can get pretty contentious, but the wife of the couple had just read the entire Book of Mormon and she had some questions, so we agreed to meet. Our discussion was worth our time because as we taught them, the husband tried to bring up scriptures and argue but we finally stopped and said, “Listen We're just going to bare you our testimony." So, Elder Flake and I started testifying and we looked over at the wife and she was wiping away tears! She had to hurry and get herself together so that her husband didn't see, but it was really cool to see how the Holy Spirit touched her! There is nothing more powerful than a firm testimony of the gospel!
Everything else is going great! I love and miss you guys so much!! Thank you for everything you do to support me.

Elder Roddy

No comments:

Post a Comment