![]() |
| Georgia, Atlant Temple |
This week
was so crazy!! I know I say that every week but I seriously think back to this
week and there was just so much we had to do that it was ridiculous. In the
middle of the week we got dumped on with snow! Ha Ha! Of course the entire city
was shut down. It was tons of fun though! We walked around and visited all of
our investigators because we knew they would be home.
![]() |
| Fabiola and Elder Roderick |
Friday was
one of the most spiritual days of my mission because we got to go do baptisms
in the temple with some of our recent converts who were attending for their
first time and it was seriously amazing. Each of them took some family names
with them. Hugues and Fabiola, who are brother and sister and recent converts
in the ward from Haiti, have been on quite the adventure to get to the temple.
All of their ancestors were totally into voodoo and black magic and all that
crazy stuff, so at first, they were totally against being baptized for them.
They didn't even want to talk about it. But we've worked with them for the last
couple of months and Fabiola went to the temple with us on Friday and Hugues is
going this coming Saturday! Fabiola loved it so much that she is going again
with her brother! When we walked out of the temple she couldn't stop talking
about how amazing it was and she said, "I don't know why I didn't want to
do that! I want to live in there for the rest of my life!" The spirit in
the temple was amazing. I wish I could live there too!
The next
day was the day of Nina and Jania's baptisms and our huge Haitian feast! We
spent the entire day running around trying to get as many Haitians as we could
to attend and we literally invited any of them that we saw on the street! First,
however, I have to tell you about the baptism.
Oh! My! Gosh!
It was awesome! Tons of people from the ward showed up, which was wonderful for the family to feel so much support. Cleevens got to baptize Jania because he received the
priesthood last week. I wish you could have heard him say the baptism prayer. He
said it with such power and authority that it was incredible. The first time he
went to put her in the water Jania kind of freaked out and kicked her legs up,
so she had to do it again. So, Cleevens said the prayer again and put her
under. And, AGAIN she kicked her feet out of the water. This time instead of
bringing her up, Cleevens just let go of her, put one hand on her chest and one
hand on her knees and literally pushed her all the way under the water. Ha Ha!
It took everything in my power to not bust out laughing. It was definitely
something I'll never forget! Their mom came to the baptism too, which was
AMAZING. I never thought that day would come! When we first started meeting
with her family, she was really stand-offish with us, but now she loves us and
everything that the church is doing for her kids. I wish I could put into words
how much they have all progressed but I can't. It's just been AMAZING to watch
them grow!
So, as you
can see my week was awesome!! Elder Gosar and I are just trying to keep the
ball rolling. We have a lot of recent converts who we need to pay close
attention to so they can continue to progress. At the same time, we need to focus
on our other investigators who haven't gotten as much attention from us as they
probably should have. Please keep us in your prayers and know that I pray for
each of you every day! Love you guys so much!
Elder Roddy


No comments:
Post a Comment