What's up guys?!
| Elder Roderick & Elder Flake at the ATL North Mission Office |
There is
so much to talk about so I'm just going to get started! It was such a crazy
week and there was so much that happened! First things first, last week I
forgot to tell you about my exchange with Elder Flake! Ha ha! I went to his
area and it was so good to be back with that cowboy. It turned out that on the
day we went on exchange, it was his 21st birthday, so we celebrated with cake
and ice cream with our office couples. We
had a good time reminiscing about our glory days in Grayson together.
| Elder Zwick & Elder Roderick |
This week
Elder Zwick from the Quorum of the 70 came to our mission! Oh my gosh! He was
amazing! Ha ha! How come no one ever told me that he lives right up the street
from us?? We talked for a long time about the good old Country Club
neighborhood and he literally knows everyone and every detail in their lives.
He said that when he gets home (which is like never) he's going to come knock
on the Roderick's door! So, be prepared! Ha ha! Our meetings with him were
incredible. We had a leadership council with him on Wednesday, then a
member-missionary devotional that same night, then a zone conference with him
all day on Friday. The highlight of his visit was announcing that our mission
would be getting iPads on May 20th! It's going to be so sweet! Of course, it's
right before I go home. But, hey! It's better late than never. Right? To
prepare us for them, Elder Zwick threw down pretty hard on purifying and
sanctifying ourselves so that when the iPads do come, we're prepared and will
be ready to use them for our benefit rather than let them distract us. I think
the best part for me was just how Spirit-driven everything he said was. He
literally had zero notes, and afterward President Bennion told me that what
Elder Zwick said in each zone conference was different, meaning that what he
said to us was completely what the Spirit told him we needed to hear. It was
amazing! They told me to come knock on their door when I get home so that he
and Sister Zwick can come to my homecoming!
The most
exciting news this week is that Stacey and Brian are getting married!!!!! YA
BABY!!!! On Thursday night we had one of the most bold lessons I've ever had
with anyone before and it was SO spiritual. We had talked to Stacey about
marriage before, but she was nervous to bring it up to Brian, and to be honest,
she had her doubts. So, we finally got them together and talked to them about
it and invited them to counsel and pray about it with one another. Then on
Friday, Brian called us and said, "Well, guys. We're getting married on
Wednesday!" I was freaking out! I'm so excited! So, the baptism should be
happening on Saturday as well! The teaching process with those two and the rest
of their family has been sooo incredible. It's just been one of those picture
perfect experiences where the Lord is completely in control and everything happens
the way it's supposed to. On Sundays, in church, it's been so fun for me to
look back and see all of them there, sitting on their own little row. Their
wedding isn't going to be huge, because it's a really short notice and they
just moved into a new apartment, so money is a little tight, but it's going to
be great nonetheless. Their faith is so amazing. Just today Brian called us and
asked us what he should do about paying tithing, because if he pays it, then he
can't pay the rent. But he wants to pay it so bad so that he can start living
the right lifestyle and see blessings. So, they're talking about it with the
Bishop tomorrow. Thank you so much for praying for them. Please keep them in
your prayers this week!
![]() |
| Elder Roderick & Elder Gosar with Miss Hunter |
Remember
Miss Hunter, our 90-year-old investigator?? Well she came to church this week!
Oh my gosh! I love her. She is so awesome. I called her on Sunday morning and
asked her if she was going to be able to come, and she said, "Well darling,
the man told me he'd be here at 8:45 to pick me up and I'm getting dressed
right now, so I BETTER be coming to church because I don't just go out for
nothing!" I wish you guys could have seen here there to see her! She has
more energy than any 90-year-old I've ever met. She hopped into our member's
jeep like it was nothin’!
Well there
was tons more that happened but I'm out of time and you'd probably fall asleep
by the time the letter was over. That's what my journal pages are for. Right? Thank
you for everything you guys do for me! Let me know if Cole gets his call this
week, I'm dying to hear about it! I love you guys!!
Elder Roderick

No comments:
Post a Comment