Monday, March 16, 2015

Praise God

What's up, Y'All!?                                                                                   

How are you!? Everything sounds like it is going great!! Thank you so much for all of your emails. I love hearing about how everyone is doing. There is so much to reply to and so much to tell you about so I hope I include all of it.
I received the blankets and scriptures for Cleevens, Nina and Jania. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sending them!! I wish you guys could have been there last night when I gave each of them their gifts! We sat in their living room with their mom, who came to church yesterday! (Yesss), and before I gave them their gifts I had them each tell us how their relationship with Heavenly Father had grown since being baptized. It was the sweetest thing in the world to listen to them share their feelings! I mean really… those kids cause me more stress than anything in my life but I love them so much and they are doing so well! Jania gave a talk in Primary on Sunday and it was amazing to see how much she has grown.  Evelyn, their mom, told us how much she has also seen Nina change since she accepted the gospel.  Before we left their home last night, Evelyn said to us, "I'm always so happy when you guys leave my house. So thank you for doing so much for my kids! 
So, Mom wrote me a letter this week and in it she asked if I had any special experiences with fasting or fast offerings on my mission, and it's the craziest thing because I was already planning on sharing an experience with you guys this week about just that very topic! I've told you guys a little bit about a Haitian couple we're teaching, Jacques and Nella Pierre. They are amazing! A couple of Sundays ago Elder Gosar and I did a special fast for them so that they would understand the purpose of our visits with them.  You see, for the longest time every time we visited them they fed us and they just thought we were there to "fellowship" them, no matter how clear we tried to make it that we were there for a different reason. So, we fasted for them, and this week an amazing miracle happened! Elder Gosar went over there on an exchange with one of our Assistants, and they ended up watching the Restoration video with them. It's a little 20-minute video about the Joseph Smith story. Apparently after watching it, Nella was just in shock. She said, "Wow! Elders, that makes it SO clear. I FINALLY understand why you are here. I need to know if he was a prophet!" YESSS FINALLY. Elder Gosar said she asked some amazing questions and now she is ready to search for the truth! So please keep her in your prayers! 
The best part about this week was meeting and teaching a 90-year-old lady named Miss Hunter.  She is the most hilarious lady I've ever met. She has been Catholic for the last 50 years, which is great because her faith in Christ is so strong. She is taking our visits very seriously and she makes sure she reads everything before we return for our next visit. Every time before we leave she makes us hug her then she kisses us on the cheek and says, "Bye, my Mormon darlings!" Anyway, at the end of the week, we gave her a blessing because she was sick. Elder Gosar did the blessing, and about 10 seconds into it I start hearing, "Praise God. Praise God. Praise God." Ha Haaaaa! I was standing there with my hands on her head and I was trying so hard to concentrate on the blessing. She's still sick too so maybe that's God telling me that I need to be more serious next time. But, I couldn't help it because I really felt and heard the words. Oh man! Good times! Gotta love Miss Hunter :)
Stacey and Brian are doing well too! Stacey is so ready to get baptized we just haven't been able to talk to Brian yet about getting married her! So, keep them in your prayers!
Elder Zwick from the 70 is coming to our mission this week! I'm so pumped! I'll let you know how it goes!
I'm sorry this is kind of short and quick but I didn't have much time today! I hope you guys have a great week!

LOVE YOU BYE!!!

P.S. I'm looking forward to killing everyone in March Madness again! 




No comments:

Post a Comment