Sunday, September 1, 2013

Last week in the MTC!

Welcome to the first post of Elder Roddy's new blog! Since we're pretty novice at creating a blog, you'll undoubtedly see a "work in progress" over the next several weeks. Here's a few excerpts from Matthew's last email along with some pictures from the MTC. 






See you in 2! The last salute before entering the MTC




He's got a ball in his hand..that makes him a happy boy!





Matthew's in a trio companionship...he thinks the one in
middle looks like Stitch from Lilo and Stich...not sure why. 




"my other teacher Brother Bonner...he's got a big booty so I call him big booty"





Here's a pic with his "homies"...(his words not mine)



Matthew and his good buddy James Smith

excerpt from his email: (Aug 30, 2013)

I'll try and tell you how the week has been the best I can with the time that I have! This week has been sooo much better than last week..as I'm sure you've been able to tell from my letters home. They say make it so sunday and you'll be okay...ITS TRUE. I can honestly say that I like being here now. Ya I'm still homesick and miss everybody but I am actually enjoying myself. It may sound weird, but I'm not really looking forward to leaving on Tuesday because that just means more shock and emotional roller coasters haha. And I'm really going to miss spending all day with my district! I love them so much!!

Honestly all the days since Sunday blend together so I can't tell you specifically what I've done every day. That's what my journal is for that I send home. I'll try and remember some highlights though...

On Tuesday night Neil L. Anderson came and spoke to us for our devotional (he's in the quorum of the 12 for those of you who are wondering......lol) and it was so awesome!! Despite the fact that it was in the Marriott Center..........that place makes me want to throw up. Anyway, I'm being dead serious when I say you can feel this wave of spirit come over you when he walks in the room. I was hundreds of feet away from him up in the bleachers and when he walks in it just hits you. He talked about love and sacrifice which hit home for me. Great speech!!


No comments:

Post a Comment